From: The Gracious Pantry
(Please visit Tiffany's site for some great easy to make clean eating recipes)
1 can light coconut milk
2 chicken breasts
1 head cauliflower
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. cumin
2-4 green onions
Step 1 – Clean your cauliflower and steam it in a large pot.
Step 2 – Slice your chicken breasts into strips.
Step 3 – Place all ingredients (except the green onions) in a second pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. But don’t let it boil too hard, or it will burn. Just a nice medium boil will do.
Step 4 – Using a meat thermometer, test your chicken when it looks done. It’s finished cooking when it reaches 170 degrees F.
Step 5 – Ladle into bowls, add as much cauliflower as you like, top with green onions and serve.
Saturday - March 12, 2011
Now with the use of Brown Rice Pasta
you can enjoy it without as much guilt
- 6 - 8 Large Shrimp peeled & de-veined
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice Pasta
- "No Salt" seasoning such as Mrs. Dash to taste
- 1/4 cup of organic sauce in a jar. I like a tomato & basil type
- 2 Tbs low fat Ricotta Cheese
- Splash of Hot Sauce (I like Hot Rooster Sauce)
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Fresh Basil
Today I ate at a small Tapas restaurant with a friend for my reward meal. It was great because I could have tiny tastes of everything without going too crazy in the calorie department. We shared a Coconut Panna Cotta that had strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries on it - yummy! Here is a much lower calorie version!
I Found this recipe on FewerCalories.com
Fibre: o.8g, protein: 4g , fat: 35g
WWpoints per serving 7
- 50oml/16floz double cream
- 7 1/2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
- teaspoons granulated gelatine
- tablespoons water
- 25oml/8floz plain whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract few grains salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4og(1 1/2oz) unsweetened coconut shards
2. Take the cream off the heat, stir in the gelatine and cool until it is just warm. Whisk in the yogurt, coconut extract and salt. Set the mixture over an ice bath and stirring, chill the mixture to a batter consistency. Pour through a strainer into six custard cups, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate unt.il cold.
Meanwhile, heat the oven to 150°C/325°F/Gas 2. Melt the butter in a baking tin in the oven, add the cotonut and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar substitute, toss again, spread out and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, then cool. Turn out each panna cotta and top with a tablespoon of coconut shards.
RECIPE: Pork Loin Cutlet with Mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS: 4 boneless, thin, center cut pork loin chops (fat removed)
1/2 - 3/4 cup of raw sliced mushrooms
1 shallot diced finely
2 - 3 Tbs of light Sour cream
1/4 cooking Sherry
Salt free seasoning or salt & pepper to taste
PREP: Prepare the pork chops by banging them to about 1/8 - 1/4" thick with a meat hammer.
Dice the shallot very fine.
Slice your mushrooms if they are not already sliced
COOK: In a large skillet heat a tiny bit of olive oil until it is hot
Add the shallots and saute them a tiny bit
Add the pork cutlets. Let them sizzle.
Season the side facing you with either a salt free seasoning such as Mrs. Dash or a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
The pork is very lean and will cook super fast.
Flip them over as soon as you see the edges are cooking.
Toss in the mushrooms and stir them around with the pork, they also cook very quickly.
Lower the heat
Add the sherry wine and allow the alcohol to cook out.
Add the sour cream and stir everything together! Serve with either brown rice or vegetables on the side.
I got this recipe from Belinda Benn's Get Lean Program